JOOLS CHAFFER: GETTING PHOTOSHOOT READY!
Since hiring Leanne Levitt as his Personal Trainer on 30th May 2013, today was the final session before the big photoshoot for Jools Chaffer! The aim of the session is to lift weights that are only 60% of his usual maximum lifting weight and the focus is on volume. Jools did 20 reps of each exercise (listed below), taking no rest in between and moved onto the next exercise and followed the same format. Basically it is a non-stop circuit. Jools worked his way through the exercises and then repeated it.
Jools has been working his abdominals after every session. Unlike other muscles, you rarely fatigue the abdominals enough that they need a day to recover. This is due to the fact that unlike other muscles the abdominals are being worked constantly, every time you sit, stand up, walk, twist and so on. Despite all the abdominal exercises that there are around, the crunch is still the most effective (performed slow and controlled) and Leanne is very strict to make sure that every repetition counts!!
Final Instructions from Leanne:-
- Try nothing new between now and photoshoot – no new training, food or routines.
- Try not to miss out on too much sleep.
- Posing practice – this can be tiring in itself as holding static poses really expend a lot of energy, this is why it is still a discipline to be trained for.
- All the hard work is done now – now is the time to see the results!
Final Week Training Programme
- 60% Volume – 20 Reps – No Rest – Repeat
- 20 X Press Ups to Start!
- CHEST – Incline Bench Press (Smith Machine) – 25kg
- CHEST – Barbell Bench Press – 20kg
- CHEST – Cable Chest Flyers (cross overs) – 15kg
- SHOULDERS – Shoulder Press – 20kg
- SHOULDERS – Lateral Dumbbell Raises – 6kg
- BACK – Lat Pull Down – 55kg
- BACK – Seated Cable Row – 70kg
- TRICEPS – Tricep Dips (2 benches) 5kg
- TRICEPS – Tricep Pushdowns (rope) 7.5kg
- BICEPS – Cable Curls – 30kg
- ABS – Lower abs (ball) 2 x 8
- ABS – Crunches 3 x 15 (10 secs rest)